Tuesday 3 February 2015

Relationships

Teenage relationships are so complicated. I don't mean just boyfriend/girlfriend ones, friendships too. It's like once you finish school you start to only see people who you make an effort with, you don't just see them everyday in class. It's been a little hard for me to get used to this concept.  I've questioned who will stay and who will drift away. Even those ones that don't initially drift away, I wonder will they still be around in ten years or even five years. Although of course I love and hope that all my friends will be around me for many years to come, the teenage years are just so confusing and uncertain. I'm sure the people I pick as my bridesmaids today will be different to the ones I choose when the time comes. 
 Friendships are complicated as a teenager, but actual loving relationships are way more intense yet confusing. Being in a completely committed loving relationship as a seventeen year old is one of the most amazing, yet scariest experiences of my life. It makes me so happy to think about the fact that one day I may be able to tell people my husband and I were 'childhood sweethearts'. Its such a reassuring feeling to be able to openly discuss marriage, babies and growing old with my seventeen year old boyfriend. Although also intimidating and somewhat scary. Its intimidating to me that I may have found my person, the person I will spend the rest of my life with. That I may be making a massive decision for my future as a seventeen year old. What scares me the most is that we will either get married... or break up. I really hope it will be marriage, because I'm in way too deep for us to break up. 
 Bye for now
  Jordyn xx

1 comment:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete