Friday 14 November 2014

The World Is My Oyster

I know its a really cheesy and cliche thing to say but 'the world is my oyster' is something that is really beginning to sink in to me. As I've now finished school, I'm really starting to realise how different things will be next year and I am so excited for it.
 Firstly once I graduate I'm hoping on getting a brand new job, as I'm completely sick of working at the gross store I currently work at. As i wont be going to school, I will have more time to work. This is going to mean a lot of extra money. I'm so excited to not have to stress so much about money and to have my own money rather than relying on my parents as much as I do. This is going to change a lot of things for me.
 I mentioned in my previous post that I have lots of plans to travel and experience the world. This is something that is so important to me as it is something that my parents were not really able to do. A couple months ago on a family trip to New Zealand, I was bored out of my brains after we had been driving for well over 5 hours. I wrote down a bucket list of places i wanted to see, but this wasn't just any bucket list, i even wrote the specific ages that I wanted to see them at and it goes like this...

Okay so before I turn 19 I would like to...
< go on a girls camping trip (my friends and I have talked about this soo many times)
< go to coral bay (which is a beautiful ocean side town about 12 hours north of Perth)
< go on a Bali trip (which I am doing in April with my boyfriend and his family)
< go to Melbourne and/or Sydney with the girls

I have always loved this since I first saw it on tumblr, it has inspired me in many ways. 
Follow my tumblr blog waanderlust to see more of what inspires me.

The next place on my list is Europe, between 19 and 21 I want to explore all that Europe has to offer. I want to do all the touristy sight seeing, while also immersing myself in the European culture and lifestyle. I want to go shopping in Milan, have a champagne breakfast in Paris, go yachting in Greece and have scones for morning tea in London.
 Another place I would love to go at this time is South America. I want to experience the 2016 Olympic games which will be held in Brazil. Go to all the parties that surround the opening ceremony and just make memories to last a lifetime.

At the age of 21 I would love to explore all the the US has to offer. I would absolu
tely love to spend my 21st birthday in New York City with all of my closest friends. I want to explore Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Texas...and the many more interesting places that are in such a massive country. Maybe on the way home we could stop by Hawaii for some more chill time.

By 22 i would have hopefully finished a uni degree, so will most probably have a proper, full-time job (that is if i ever decide what I want that job to be). There are not many places left at this point where I want to go, maybe if I save up enough I could go to Africa and do a safari. I would love to see that part of the world, especially as it is completely different from Australia.

I know that it is unlikely that I will do all these trips at all these times, but I think its important to at least set some sort of goals. Having all these plans for the future is what is forcing me to save right now. I don't have anything in particular to save for at this moment, I always just say I'm saving for the future. That future that I've been saving for for so long, is so close to becoming my present. These dreams I've had from such a young are just about to become a reality. I have no idea what the universe has in store for me in the years ahead, but right now I feel as though 'the world is my oyster'.

Bye for now
 Jordyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment