Tuesday 18 November 2014

Wonders of Friendship

Since finishing school, friends have been a massive topic of conversation, who you'll stay friends with, who you'll lose and if you'll make new friends wherever you end up next year. Friends are a weird concept. You choose people to spend time with and generally they want to spend time with you too, but what happens when friendship is one sided? Generally if love is one sided nothing will ever come of the relationship, but if a friendship is one sided that person will do everything that they can do to keep the friendship alive.
 Although some friends I feel as though you grow to like, you didn't necessarily pick them. For example my group of friends from primary school. I picked them as a seven year old, or was more or less forced to be friends with them. After 10 years of friendship we are closer than ever, although I didn't choose them to be my friends as the people they are today and i'm sure they didn't pick me as the person I am today. As i'm sure that over the past 10 years we may have changed a little. So now its as though we've just grown and learnt to accept and love each other. This is the same way family relationships grow. We typically did not pick our family, but we love them anyway.
 Even some of my other closest friends are people I have become close to through other people that i'm no longer even friends with. I would never have chose them on my own to be my friends, but I have now grown to love them. The more that I think about it the more I realise that those people I did choose to be friends with, I am no longer friends with.
 Friendship is a weird and wonderful thing. I will never understand it nor will I try. I'll just do my best to build positive, healthy relationships, not try to force anything and be open to all new people as friends.

Bye for Now
  Jordyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment